65. The Plumbers’ Lunch, April 27, 2022

 


 

The Worshipful Company of Plumbers is one of the oldest Companies in the City of London, Number 31 in the order of precedence, having been granted its Ordinances in 1365. I was delighted to be invited to the Master and Clerks’ Lunch at Carpenters’ Hall.


After an introduction by the Master, Nick Jones, discussions settled down to the many issues that concern both Companies. For example, I sat next (unexpectedly) to Plumbers’ Court Assistant Michael Cooper, whom I have known for years as a local chartered accountant. In fact, he was the guest speaker at my Election Court Lunch in my previous incarnation. The Company is doing well, with many people joining the Company this year. In the Autumn, the Master Plumber stands down and is likely to be succeeded by Upper Warden Paul Nash. Paul was the backbone of the WET 10 group of Livery Companies. My successor, Master Elect, Colin Drummond, is seeking to re-establish this common interest group and will be planning a live WET event for Spring 2023. My thanks go to the Master Plumber and his Company for the invitation to Lunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

47. The Apothecaries, March 7, 2022

73. The Master’s Trip to Venice, May 25-29, 2022

13. The Michaelmas Lunch, September 27, 2021